Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Director of Stoke
1,687 Posts
A fella I talked to the other day said a 30" northern was caught in Rufus Woods, yes it was killed. But damn, those things will be down here in Wenatchee, if not already.
There was a plant of Pike in the lower Coeur d'Alene river chain lakes - I think in the 70's. They started spreading downstream, showing up in CDA Lake, then the Spokane River, then Long Lake (Spokane River)... No surprise they are in the Columbia now. Could have been other illegal plants along the way, but it shows just how insidious this is. Too bad trout are always the losers.

·
Director of Stoke
1,687 Posts
Those clever pike getting from CDA lake, to the columbia river, and now to Lake Washington.
Must have hitched a ride at Vantage.
;):mad:
I'm envisioning a drainage at the crest of the Cascades, where waters destined for both the Sound and the Columbia co-mingle in an alpine meadow...

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
This sucks for sure.

However, if need be I will be more than happy to go target and wack some of these fish if the population starts growing
should have started 5 years ago then. (for the columbia fish)

btw i think more fish come down from the PND system then the CDA system. thats not to say they dont come out of CDA as well, but the clark fork/pnd drainage is full of them for years now.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Put garlic on almost anything and it will taste good.

Regardless of it being pike, Asian carp, zebra mussels or whatever, none of these transplants would have occurred without the help of man.

Human beings are the most harmful invasive species on the planet. When we left our original homelands to wander the earth we set the course for not just our future, but the future of every living thing. Since then we have come to almost every place on the earth and likely with few exceptions altered it or something that existed there in some way. We are leaving behind a geological layer of plastic that will mark our presence and our passing. What a testament to the glory of our race.

George Carlin believed that someday the planet will shake us off like a bad case of fleas. Everything passes in time. The sooner we pass by, the sooner this planet will begin to heal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.