Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go with Henry's Fork or South Fork...either way I could spend a long time fishing in Island Park and be very happy.

Never fished the Mo or the Green but the Green is on my bucket list for sure. Have heard very good things about the North Platt as well.

·
Banned
1,366 Posts
I'm going to go with the South Fork Nehalem River. It's not hugely productive, but it's where I grew up fly fishing, and I know where to find the cutties. I also caught (not on a fly) a 60-lb Chinook there, so that's a memory I'll cherish forever. I spent thousands of hours exploring the entire system, and knew every nook and cranny - it's been several years since I've been to it, but it'll always be my favorite.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'm going to go with the South Fork Nehalem River. It's not hugely productive, but it's where I grew up fly fishing, and I know where to find the cutties. I also caught (not on a fly) a 60-lb Chinook there, so that's a memory I'll cherish forever. I spent thousands of hours exploring the entire system, and knew every nook and cranny - it's been several years since I've been to it, but it'll always be my favorite.
I spent a few days on the Nehalem years ago when my brother-in-law lived in the area. Pretty little river, enjoyed it very much. I remember eatin breakfast every morning at a place called "Camp 18" if I remember correctly. Logger style breakfast, biggest proportions I've ever seen, very good.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.